September 26, 2014 - Mike Dilke
Back pain affecting office workers is the theme of the BackCare charity awareness week this year. Relaxback UK is proud to be a sponsor of this very worthwhile charity and is taking part in some events during the week.
Round Table Discussion
Already recorded and to be aired on UK Health Radio is a round table discussion looking at some current treatments and ways to avoid back pain in the first place. I was joined by the following experts and the result was an informative and entertaining chat.
- David Rose and Juliana Hyka of Medserena - they very kindly hosted the event at the upright MRI centre www.mri-london.com/
- Dr Glenn Caley - a chiropractor with the Gonstead Clinic in Harley Street - www.gonstead.co.uk
- Namonga Mtonga - a chartered physiotherapist who carries out work assessments with RBLI for the Access to Work Program - www.rbli.co.uk/employment_solutions/accesstowork/
- Nick Sinfield - clinical director of Spring Active who have programmes to help back pain sufferers that have been proven in the armed forces - http://spring-active.com/
The conversation will be aired just before and also during the awareness week on www.ukhealthradio.com :-
Wednesday October 1st at 6am and 6pm
Friday October 3rd at 11am
Saturday October 4th at 1am, 9am and 5pm
Monday October 6th at 11am and 11pm
The show is also available here on a podcast here -
Back Pain Information/ Advice at Nuffield Health Gym, Bishops Stortford
From mid-day on Friday October 10th at Nuffield Gym in Bishops Stortford there will be some free advice on how to treat and how to avoid back pain. This will be given by:-
- A chartered physiotherapist
- A nutritionist
- A workstation consultant
Back Pain Information/ Advice at RSPB, Sandy
For staff only there will be seminars from an osteopath, a nutritionist and a workstation consultant along with the chance to try out different types of desks and office chairs. This event is on October 8th.